A Guide To Facing The Challenges Of A Changing Digital Marketing Environment
In 2020, the marketing industry shows no sign of slowing down and consumer behavior too is witnessing a monumental shift to complement the digital innovations taking place as we speak. On that note, CMOs of big brands and SMEs have to constantly keep up with the latest marketing tools and trends that can help them to surge ahead of their competitors and generate traction at the same time.
But the road to such glory is not an easy one! The marketers will face a number of challenges as they strive to adapt to an ever-evolving digital marketing landscape. However, they will be able to overcome these challenges by having some tricks up their sleeves.
In this blog, we will cover two of the obstacles posed to marketing professionals and the ways through which they can eliminate them:
A steep reduction in organic reach
Problem : Getting organic leads will become a challenge in 2020 because most social media platforms are changing their algorithms. This is being done to force brands to sign up for paid ads.
- Post unique, relevant content on every platform consistently.
- Stop posting the same content on every social media platform. Have a different strategy for each.
- Study algorithms.
- Rope in popular influencers to promote your brand
- Attend digital marketing industry events to know the latest strategies.
Introduction of organic voice search
Problem : More than 50% of online searches will be voice-based in 2020. Because of this, digital marketers will have to revisit their SEO strategies in order to retain their spot on the first page of search engines and to gain traction. Single-word queries will be overtaken by lengthy, specific sentences and algorithms will return results that are extremely specific and user-oriented.
- Use conversational, natural language in your websites and blogs
- Focus on long-tail keywords
- Think about the questions the average consumer might have.
- Visit upcoming marketing conferencesthat will deal with this relatively new development.
2020 brings a ton of marketing challenges along with it. But no one can deny that the new developments have the potential to change the future of the industry!